If you want to get serial port monitoring program, Free Serial Port Monitor program is one of the best option.
This program is produced by HHD Software company and Freeware.
[button link="http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/" color="#AAFFAA" size="2" style="2" dark="1" square="0" target="blank"]HOMEPAGE[/button] [button link="http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/Download/free-serial-port-monitor.exe" color="#AAAAFF" size="2" style="2" dark="0" square="0" target="self"]Download[/button] [button link="http://hhdsoftware.co.uk/Download/free-serial-port-monitor.exe" color="#AAAAFF" size="2" style="2" dark="0" square="0" target="self"]Mirror[/button]
Free Serial Port Data Monitoring and Analyzing Software
- The unique serial port communication data monitoring solution
- Driver-based tool that helps developers to analyze functionality of any com port application
- It's an invaluable utility for both software and hardware developers since it helps them to discover communication errors of serial port devices and applications
- Powerful rs232 data sniffer with outstanding performance and unbeatable zero price
[/list] The Free Serial Port Monitor monitors serial ports used by any applications running on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server.
The program intercepts, displays and analyzes all data, transferred between any Windows application and the device connected to the serial port.
This software can be successfully used to track the behavior of programs, serial protocols, and also for effective software debugging, device drivers or serial hardware development.
Its efficient mechanisms help to quickly find and eliminate any software or hardware errors.
This is a completely software solution, no additional hardware is required.
Free Serial Port Monitor Usage Areas
Free Serial Port Monitor can be successfully used for:
- interception and analysis of data flows between any serial device and Windows application
- debugging serial software and hardware
- Serial peripheral hardware development
- Serial device driver development
- research the functionality of any third-party software and hardware
- implementing, debugging and testing serial protocol between device and device driver
- analyzing and reverse-engineering protocols
- spying and logging RS232/422/485 communications
Free Serial Port Monitor can be successfully used by:
- software developers
- hardware engineers
- IT support specialists
- industrial control personnel
- SCADA software engineers
- science technicians
- systems integrators, consultants
- lab experts
- University students
Free Serial Port Monitor usage areas:
- Mobile Phones
- Diagnostic equipment
- Controlling and measuring equipment (oscillographs, manometers, sensors...)
- Pocket PC
- Digital Cams
- Network equipment
- Serial device servers, NPort servers
- Wireless LAN equipment
- Routers, Multiplexers, Hubs, Switches
- MIDI-serial devices
- Multiport Serial Boards
- RS-232 to RS-422/485 converters
- Serial to fiber converters
- Network-enable serial devices
- Serial device controllers
- Entertaining equipment, simulators
- HVAC, door entry systems, bar code readers
- Card readers
- Cash registers
Free Serial Port Monitor Features
Free Serial Port Monitor does:
- work with any software that opens a serial port and initiate communication through it.
- intercept all data read from and written to the serial port.
- intercept and process all serial input/output control codes (IOCTLs), providing the full dump of their parameters.
- format data into different kinds of output, thus providing user with a full set of information.
- allow you to change the way the hex data displayed in Request View and Data View.
- allow you to search for a text in a Data View, Request View and Console View.
- support copying to clipboard and export capabilities.
- allow you to set it to the "always on top" mode.
- fully compatible with ACPI features, allowing you to bring the computer to standby/hibernate mode while running Serial Monitor.
- emulate data sending on behalf of monitored application.
- allow you to view line status.
- support multiple languages. The user interface, documentation and supporting resources are all available on multiple languages.
- fully support Windows XP themes.
- allow you to customize the keyboard shortcuts for any command in the program shell.
- allow you to customize toolbars.